Simply-made or indulgently complicated, a good burger can come in a slew of mouth-watering iterations. But one thing's for sure: It's best served with a cold beer. We've taken our love for the classic combination of burgers and beer to the next level by stacking a stout-spiked patty with some of the most beer-filled and burger-ready recipes around including our Hop Mayo, Beer Bacon & Onion Jam, and Spent Grain Burger Bun.
What You Need for 4 Beer Burgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup craft stout or porter (we love our Oatmeal Stout or Chocolate Maple Porter)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, thickly sliced
- 4 leaves, bibb lettuce
- 1 cup Beer, Bacon & Onion Jam
- 1/2 cup Hop Mayo
- 4 Spent Grain Burger Buns, toasted
What You Do
- Sprinkle ground beef with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Form into four loosely packed patties. Using your thumbs create a shallow well in the center of each patty.
- Heat your grill or skillet to medium-high. When hot place patties, indent-side up. Pour a couple spoonfuls of beer into each well. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, flip, and cook for 3 minutes more. Add cheddar and let melt over heat, about 1 minute.
- Slather toasted bun with Hop Mayo, stack patty, tomato, lettuce, and a generous amount of Beer, Bacon & Onion Jam (we like it to almost look like there are two patties). Enjoy.