- IKEA Now Sells Beer (in the UK): Öl Mörk Lager and Öl Ljus Lager [Business Insider]
- Governor Cuomo Signs Law Securing Tax Breaks for NY Craft Breweries [Utica Observer-Dispatch]
- Redhook to Release Ben Harris Tribute Beer After Fatal Keg Explosion [All About Beer]
- Baladin, Birra del Borgo, and DogFish Head Collaborate on Beer at Rome's Eataly [New York Times]
- Goose Island's Clybourn Avenue Pub Steeps Beer Weekly in New Farmer's Market Finds [Chicago Tribune] Read More...
Tag Archives: Eataly
Beer News Mashup - July 20, 2012
Brew Trips & Fests - August 29, 2011
We recently visited Eataly's Birreria Beer Garden. With 12 restaurants inside this Italian Market style set-up, Eataly prides itself in cooking with what it sells. Birreria is their rooftop restaurant and brewery that allows you to enjoy spectacular brews and views simultaneously.
They collaborated with Dog Fish Head, Baladin and Del Borgo to create unfiltered, unpasteurized and and naturally carbonated Cask Ales. We sampled Wanda, a dark and mild ale that uses chestnuts, a unique brewing ingredient in Italian beers (and our Chestnut Brown Ale) and Gina, a thyme flavored pale ale with fresh thyme from the hills of Italy. They also sell select beers in 750ml bottles, a great alternative to a bottle of wine! We shared a bottle of the Montegioco Quatra Runa a dry and lemony peach ale with a fruity peach taste that was well balanced with a peppery finish.
Turns out, sipping on Italian beer while under the stars in NYC is a pretty fantastic evening.