Spent Grain Banana Bread
Made with two ripe bananas and a healthy amount of Spent Grain Flour, our banana bread is hearty and delicious and couldn't be easier to make. The optional addition of pecans or walnuts makes for an extra nutty crunch or you could even throw a handful of chocolate chips into the batter for a bonus sweet treat.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup Spent Grain Flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 very-ripe bananas, peeled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flours, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs and banana and stir to incorporate
- Add the flour mixture to the batter, in two or three parts. Mix until well combined. Fold in the nuts.
- Pour batter into a well-buttered loaf or cake pan. Bake one hour. Let cool. Enjoy!
We make all-grain beer brewing kits that make it easy to make beer at home. Whether it's your first batch or your hundredth.