Recipe: Spent Grain Parmesan Cheese Straws
Crunchy and cheesy, these Spent Grain Parmesan Cheese Straws are a quick and easy to make treat perfect for any everyday snack. The dough is super simple to make in the food processor and doesn't need time to rise. After just under 15 minutes in the oven you will have an impressive appetizer to bring to your next dinner party or put out before the game.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup Spent Grain Flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 + 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse to combine the flours, baking powder, shredded cheese, butter, and salt and pepper. Add water in to form a stiff dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, roll golf-ball sized balls into thin snakes. Arrange on a well-greased or lined baking sheet. Brush with egg and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until crisp. Let cool. Enjoy.