Sales Coordinator (Brooklyn/Remote)
Are you an energetic, out-going, goal-driven sales person with a start-up mentality, keen understanding of branding and passion for artisanal food, craft beer and DIY-kitchen projects?
Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady are looking for a driven, resourceful and experienced Sales Coordinator to join our multi-brand and globally-focused startup and help drive growth among our extensive network of retail partners.
Brooklyn Brew Shop’s mission is to get the world making beer one gallon at a time. We sell our line of compact, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits online and to retailers in 25 countries. In 2016, we launched a new brand called FarmSteady focused on less boozy food fermentation (cheese, kraut, etc…), urban gardening, foraging and other new and exciting kitchen projects.
As part of a small team, you will work directly with the co-founders, creative director, marketing, production and customer service departments, retail partners, media and outside event organizers to devise and execute new sales initiatives to promote our mission, products and partners.
During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our Brooklyn-based offices are closed, and most of our team (including this role) is working remotely. And while we all hope to be back in an office together in 2021, we will consider remote candidates from outside the NYC region for this position.
- Are a sales natural
- Are a great team player and team leader
- Love craft beer, small food producers and makers of all kinds
- Are a solid writer, have a discerning eye for branding and keep on top of new products, retailers and trends
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset: If you don't know something, you make it your mission to figure it out
- Are a workhorse: You have a lot of energy, work quickly and are excited to support and create new accounts
- Love setting goals and crushing them
- Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady align with your passions and you're genuinely excited to bring our products to more people
- Own and deepen relationships with Brooklyn Brew Shop’s accounts (both domestic and international)
- Grow increased annual usage of Brooklyn Brew Shop products among key accounts
- Provide amazing service while bringing joy to the customers (who sometimes require a lot of “hand-holding” and attention)
- Identify, surface, and mitigate risks to a customer’s success plan
- Efficiently manage current retail relationships, including soliciting and processing new sales orders and answering order and product inquiries
- Make frequent phone calls to new and existing customers
- Research and build proficient Leads Lists of new markets and potential retail partners
- Integrate smoothly with the current sales team and work together to design expansion plans and account management strategies
- Keep up to date, accurate and organized Quickbooks, CRM and Excel files
- Represent Brooklyn Brew Shop at trade shows, retail demonstrations and other beer events
- Bachelors degree
- You have 1-2 years of relevant work experience; preferably with sales background (ideally in specialty food or consumer packaged goods)
- You have excellent time management skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You are extremely self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workloads
- You are proficient using CRM software (such as Salesforce)
- You have impeccable written and communication skills
- You communicate easily with executives, are a terrific team player, and are comfortable mediating conflict
- You have the ability to juggle multiple projects + tasks efficiently
- Organization. It’s your middle name
- You often go the extra mile to make people smile
What your typical day might look like:
- Answer incoming inquiries via phone and email
- Place outgoing calls and follow-up on prospective customer questions
- Manage and check in on current accounts
- Following up with new accounts on their experience with Brooklyn Brew Shop
- Basic data entry & order processing
- Updating the internal CRM system frequently
- Research solid account leads in underserved regions
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also create your application using JobScore below.