Sales Rep // Part-Time (Brooklyn, NY)
Are you an energetic, out-going, goal-driven sales person with a start-up mentality, keen understanding of branding and passion for artisanal food, craft beer and DIY-kitchen projects? We’re looking for a Part Time Sales Rep to join our growing wholesale sales team.
Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady are looking for a driven, resourceful and experienced Sales Rep to join our multi-brand and globally-focused startup and help drive growth among our extensive network of retail partners.
Brooklyn Brew Shop’s mission is to get the world making beer one gallon at a time. We sell our line of compact, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits online and to retailers in 25 countries. In 2016, we launched a new brand called FarmSteady focused on less boozy food fermentation (cheese, kraut, etc…), urban gardening, foraging and other new and exciting kitchen projects.
This is a 3 day a week position (ideally Wednesday-Friday) in our DUMBO based Brooklyn offices with the potential to turn into a full-time sales position for the right candidate.
- Are a sales natural
- Are a great team player and team leader and are happy to jump in and out of projects as needed
- Love craft beer, small food producers and makers of all kinds
- Are a solid writer, have a discerning eye for branding and keep on top of new products, retailers and trends
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset: If you don't know something, you make it your mission to figure it out
- Are a workhorse: You have a lot of energy, work quickly and are excited to support and create new accounts
- Love setting goals and crushing them
- Brooklyn Brew Shop and FarmSteady align with your passions and you're genuinely excited to bring our products to more people
- Call through to existing, new and prospective accounts with information on new products, styles and cutoffs around seasonal order timing
- Follow up frequently via phone and email with new and existing customers to make sure questions are answered quickly and accurately
- Assist the Sales Team with all retailer needs including set-up forms, sample requests and processing orders
- Research and build fantastic leads lists of new markets and potential retail partners
- Keep up to date, accurate and organized CRM files
- Bachelors degree
- You have 1-2 years of relevant work experience; preferably with sales background (ideally in specialty food or consumer packaged goods)
- You have excellent time management skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You are extremely self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workloads
- You have impeccable written and communication skills
- You aren't afraid of technology and are ready to dive into new programs (such as our CRM system)
- You often go the extra mile to make people smile
What your typical day might look like:
- Call through retailers and leads with information on new products, styles and seasonal order timing
- Answer incoming inquiries via phone and email
- Research solid account leads in underserved regions
- Assist Sales Team is reaching out to new and existing customers via phone and email
- Relay information between the Logistics Team, Sales Team and retailers to get orders that might need extra attention, out the door
- Follow up with new accounts on their experience with Brooklyn Brew Shop & FarmSteady
- Basic data entry, CRM updates & order processing
- A chance to work at a fast-paced food brand
- Fun working environment with a team of bright and enthusiastic coworkers
- Cool shared workspace with great ammenities like bottomless coffee, beer on tap and rotating free events and happy hours
- Potential to turn into a full time sales position for the right candidate
Compensation: $18-22 per hour based on experience
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also apply using ZipRecruiter below.