Production Coordinator - Brooklyn / Kingston, NY / Fully Remote Option
Brooklyn Brew Shop and its companion brand FarmSteady, makers of Beer Making Kits and DIY food kits, are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Production Coordinator to oversee the planning, purchasing and scheduling of our production runs.
Our production facility (based in Kingston, NY) is responsible for an array of jobs that include building our products, receiving, inventory sorting, pick and pack, kitting, special projects and shipping everything from small parcel to freight to international shipping containers. As the Production Coordinator you will you will act as the official timekeeper of all production runs and be responsible for ordering raw components, creating spec sheets, scheduling builds with the warehouse lead and coordinating shipment of finished goods.
A love (or curiosity) for brewing, cooking, and fermentation projects is a huge plus.
This position is open to anyone in the United States to work remotely. During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our Brooklyn-based offices are closed, and most of our team is working remotely. Special consideration will be made to candidates in New York, who can work periodically from our Kingston, NY production facility.
What your typical day might look like:
- Order short-lead and long-lead components for upcoming production builds and ecommerce sites
- Maintain purchasing calendars, review inventory levels, report and plan replenishments
- Project inventory needs based on past sales and upcoming orders
- Negotiate pricing with vendors
- Research new and alternate suppliers
- Source items both domestically and internationally as required
- Production Planning
- Schedule all production runs and maintain calendar of what is being produced when
- Work with Brooklyn-based sales team to process wholesale orders and see them through from fulfillment to delivery in compliance with retailer guidelines
- Create SOPs for product or customer specific labeling or packing requirements
- Work with Warehouse Lead to make sure production runs are being
- Communicate any production changes or delays to all departments
- Lead weekly production meetings status meetings
- Coordinate Shipments
- Work with Brooklyn team to coordinate incoming and outgoing LTL, full truckload, and container distribution of finished goods to retailers or warehouses (both domestic and international)
- Oversee E-Commerce Pick and Pack Fulfillment:
- Work with Warehouse Lead to ensure that e-commerce orders are shipped out accurately and on schedule
- Review inventory levels, report and plan replenishments
- Keep shipping materials stocked
Keep Accurate Records
- Enter incoming components, BOMs, manufacturing orders and completed shipments in our internal MRP system
- Use QuickBooks to create POs, invoices, and inventory items and work with on-site bookkeeper to maintain accurate files
- Research new projects, products and suppliers
- Follow-up with vendors and check tracking of incoming materials
- Coordinate with the rest of the BBS team on production schedule for the week and adjust production schedules as individual timelines shift, alert team of any finished product delays
- Process weekly Amazon orders
- Book finished good shipments
- Plan upcoming production runs
- Order and track raw materials with timelines ranging from 2 days to 5 months
- Monitor inventory levels and order products as necessary
- Research new suppliers and products
- Bachelors degree
- You have at least 1-2 years of production, supply chain or logistics work experience preferably at a specialty food, fashion, or other consumer goods company
- You have experience working and communicating with large brands with somewhat complex requirements
- You are comfortable analyzing data and projecting long-term material needs
- You must have solid Microsoft Excel skills and want to learn even more
- You have experience in coordinating shipping and/or working with products
- Paperwork is your middle name and you embrace it
- You work well under pressure and have the ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks efficiently and enjoy it!
- You are a team player and able to take direction, yet extremely self-motivated
- You are interested in product development especially in the specialty food, beer and DIY sectors
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also apply using ZipRecruiter or JobScore below.