Recipe: Beer & Spinach Dip
Spinach worked wonders for Popeye, so we thought we'd have some for ourselves. But of course we can't just have spinach on its own, so we decided to add a little beer to our healthy greens along with some not so healthy (but delicious) sour cream and cream cheese.
A beer with a nice malty base like our Chocolate Maple Porter or Chestnut Brown Ale is perfect for this quick and easy to make Beer & Spinach Dip. Perfect for game day since it can be made in advance.
What You Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bunch spinach, washed, stems removed and chopped
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup delicious malty beer such as Chocolate Maple Porter or Chestnut Brown Ale
- salt and pepper to taste
What You Do
- Saute onion, garlic and cumin in olive oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes until very soft. Add in spinach and cook until just wilted.
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients.
- Chill for an hour to let flavors meld. Serve with pita chips. Enjoy.