Recipe: Easy Vegetarian Beer Chili
We know it seems like spring just arrived, but summer will be here before you know it. Being prepared means stocking up on sunscreen, pulling out your desk fan, and making sure you've got a pot of chili ready for that first summer BBQ. What better way to embrace the spicy side of the season than making a delicious and super easy chili, kicked up with some beer.
Our easy beer chili is packed with flavor and takes less than an hour to throw together. It's perfect for topping hot dogs or eating alone.
What You Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 medium bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 2 1/1 tablespoons coriander
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 2 - 15 oz canned kidney beans
- 12 oz beer
- sour cream (0ptional)
- green onion, sliced (optional)
What You Do
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute bell peppers, onions, and jalapeno until soft.
- Add garlic, cumin, coriander, and chili powder and saute for one minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, kidney beans, and beer to the pot and turn the heat up to medium high. When the chili begins to boil, turn it down to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve and top with sour cream and green onions.