Mayonnaise might just be one of those things that you know are possible to make at home, but you've just never tried it. Kind of like beer before you took the leap. And just like beer, making and customizing your own mayo is really simple. We whipped up a batch of something we like to call Hop Mayo with our Everyday IPA. The result is rich and creamy with a pleasant hop aroma--perfect for sandwich spreading or french fry dipping.
What You Need
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons citrusy IPA (such as our Everyday IPA)
- 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup canola oil
What You Do
- Place egg yolks, salt, beer and vinegar in a blender turn on low and slowly bring to high, blend for 10 seconds
- Reduce speed to medium-high and slowly steam in oil (should only take 30-45 seconds) mixture should lighten in color and thicken
- Turn off blender, using a spatular fold in any oil not fully incorporated, transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate up to two weeks. Slather on sandwiches, dip fries into or fold into chicken salad. Enjoy!