Pulled Pork Sliders
These sliders are guaranteed to be the life of your next party. You can make a huge amount of the pork at once, cooking it slowly while you go about your daily business. Basting the pork with a spicy beer mop makes for a spicy, tender, moist meat that will pull apart easily and make flavorful, crowd-pleasing sliders.
What You Need
- 2 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup beer (we used our Jalapeno Saison)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 6-7 lb. pork butt
What You Do
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat and whisk together vinegar, beer, sugar, and red pepper flakes until sugar is dissolved.
3. Score the top fat of the pork butt and season with salt and pepper.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and place skin side up on a rack inside a roasting pan and roast on middle rack of oven.
5. After one hour, begin basting every 30 minutes, using the vinegar and beer mixture.
6. Bake for additional 2 hours covered, uncover and bake and an additional 1-2 hours or until interior temperature reaches 165 degrees.
7. Let stand for 20 minutes. Shred with a fork and douse in remaining sauce. Scoop onto small hamburger buns and top at will (we went with a simple vinegar slaw). Enjoy.
We make all-grain beer brewing kits that make it easy to make beer at home. Whether it's your first batch or your hundredth.