Recipe: Spent Grain Blueberry Muffin
The best way to make your mornings a little brighter? A mufffin, of course. We've eaten our way through our Spent Grain Lemon Poppyseed muffins and our Spent Grain Applesauce Muffins, so we had to tackle another classic muffin recipe to make with our spent grain flour.
You won't find an easier blueberry muffin recipe out there. And the added dollup of yogurt in our recipe helps keep these muffins moist for days -- no crumbly muffin tops here.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (+ 1/8 cup for sprinkling)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-pupose flour
- 1 cup Spent Grain Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups blueberries
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine flours and salt. Add to mixing bowl in three batches being careful not to over-blend.
- Fold in yogurt, then blueberries.
- Place a spoonful into well greased (or lined) muffin tins. Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake turning once halfway though for 15 minutes for mini-muffins, 30 minutes for full-sized muffins. Makes 48 mini-muffins, 12 full-sized muffins. Enjoy!