Spent Grain Chocolate Almond Biscotti
Made with orange liqueur, sliced almonds and bittersweet chocolate, these cookies have a little something for everyone. Perfect for dipping in your coffee or eating on their own as a snack, we make our Biscotti with Spent Grain Flour, giving them just the right amount of extra crunch.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup Spent Grain Flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick, unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier)
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
WHAT YOU DO
- In a large mixing bowl combine flours, baking powder and salt.
- In a stand mixer, beat sugar, orange liqueur and butter until well blended. Add in eggs and beat one at a time. Add flour mixture in thirds and beat until blended. Turn off mixer and add almonds and chocolate, combining with your hands.
- Form dough into a log and wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. On mat form the log into a biscotti-shaped loaf by pushing the sides down slightly.
- Bake 30 minutes on center rack. Remove from oven an let cool and additional 20-30 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 250 degrees F.
- Using a serrated knife cut loaf into 1/2 inch-thick slices. Return slices to lined baking sheet. Bake an additional 20-30 minutes until biscotti is completely dry. Let cool on rack. Enjoy!
We make all-grain beer brewing kits that make it easy to make beer at home. Whether it's your first batch or your hundredth.