Spent Grain Graham Cracker Crust
This graham cracker crust is so incredibly easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious. Made with a healthy amount of butter, brown sugar, and spent grain, this crust is sweet and hearty at the same time. Once you make this crust, you'll be dreaming about all of the amazing pies you'll be able to create with it. We think it would be especially yummy with a cheesecake or key lime filling.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 package (about 9) graham crackers
- 1/2 cup dried spent grain
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor combine all ingredients (except the butter) and pulse into crumbs. Stream the melted butter in pulsing until mixture starts to clump.
- Press firmly into bottom and sides of pie pan (makes enough for 1 full sized pie or four mini pies).
- Bake for 14 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Use with your favorite pie. Enjoy.