Recipe: Spent Grain Mexican Wedding Cookies
Mexican wedding cookies, how we love you. You're little pillows of sugar, butter, and nuts that are ever so festive (and easy to eat by the dozen). We love that you're perfect for fancy occasions, and you're perfect for keeping on a platter to pop in our mouths for an afternoon treat. We simply can't get enough of you.
Naturally, we had to update our classic Mexican wedding cookie recipe with our Spent Grain Flour; the result? Just as delicious, if not even more flavorful. Chopped pecans plus an extra-nutty flour equals a nutty-centric, sugary cookie we love.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Spent Grain Flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
WHAT YOU DO
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment beat butter until fluffy.
- Add the following in order mixing in between each addition: 1/2 cup confectioners sugar and vanilla, flours, pecans.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using your hands, roll dough into golfball-size balls and place on baking sheet. Bake 18 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup confectioners sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Toss warm cookies in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Let cool on wire rack. Enjoy.