Spent Grain Mini Carrot Cupcakes
Cupcakes are great, but mini cupcakes are even better (you get so many more of them!) Made with equal parts regular and spent grain flour and freshly shredded carrots, these mini carrot cupcakes are delicious little treats. We topped ours traditionally with cream cheese frosting, but you can top with your favorite frosting. They also taste great on their own right out of the oven.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/2 cup spent grain flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 carrots, grated
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl combine sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla, beat until well combined. Add in dry ingredients a third at a time. Fold in grated carrots.
- Pour batter into well greased mini-cupcake pan. Bake 24 minutes. Let cool. Top with your preferred frosting. Enjoy.
We make all-grain beer brewing kits that make it easy to make beer at home. Whether it's your first batch or your hundredth.