Spent Grain Pumpkin Bundt Cake
We love the fall because not only is it pumpkin beer season, it's also pumpkin recipe season. We figure mini desserts are slightly healthier for you since they are smaller portions, but they are also adorable. The latest recipe in our mini dessert category (which in the past has included Mini Spent Grain Carrot Cupcakes and Mini Derby(ish) Pies) is Mini Spent Grain Pumpkin Bundt Cakes.
This recipe makes 8 (approx. 4 inch) delicious mini bundt cakes.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup spent grain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix vegetable oil and brown sugar together in bowl of stand up mixer.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add pumpkin puree and mix until well combined.
- Combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in separate bowl.
- Add in three additions to pumpkin purée mixture.
- Mix until batter is well blended.
- Pour batter in equal amounts into silicone mini bundt cake pan, filling 2/3 of the way (if you are using a metal pan grease and flour prior to adding batter.)
- Bake for 25 minutes.
We make all-grain beer brewing kits that make it easy to make beer at home. Whether it's your first batch or your hundredth.