If you jumped at the chance to spice up your beer with our Jalapeno Saison- chances are you are going to be a fan of our spent grain tortillas.
Light, crisp, and pliable enough to wrap the most hefty of fillings (we're fans of Chocolate Maple Porter Braised Pork and Vegetarian Beer Chili) these tortillas work equally well topped, stuffed, or eaten straight from the pan. And of course are even better with a beer.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of Spent Grain Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup room temperature milk
WHAT YOU DO
- Combine flours, baking powder, salt, and oil in a medium sized bowl. Stir until mixture comes together, and then turn on to a flour surface and knead for two or three minutes. Place back into bowl, cover and rest for 15 minutes.
- Once your dough has rested, divide it into eight equal portions, and let rest for another ten minutes. Then, roll each portion into a very thin, flat circle on a floured work surface. Take care not to be too rough with your dough, or your tortillas may end up on the tough side.
- Heat an ungreased skillet over medium high heat for a few minutes. Place each tortilla on the skillet individually, and cook for 30-45 seconds on each side. Serve! Makes eight large or sixteen small tortillas.