Vietnamese-style Beer Marinated Flank Steak
The rich smoky flavor of Smoked Wheat really shines through in this Vietnamese-style Beer Marinated Flank Steak. If you have the time, we recommend marinating the steak overnight, but you can still achieve a great flavor after soaking for just a few hours in the fridge. After cooking, serve in Vietnamese-style tacos or lettuce wraps, or over rice or noodles.
What You Need
- 1 cup Smoked Wheat (or another smoky full-flavored beer)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 bird chili peppers, minced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 flank steak (~1 1/2 pounds)
- cilantro, for serving
What You Do
- In a bowl combine beer, fish sauce, lime zest and juice, honey, garlic, chilies and cucumber, whisk to combine.
- Trim and cut flank steak into strips against the grain.
- Put steak in a zip lock bag and pour marinade over. Let marinate in the refrigerator at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
- Heat steak and marinade over medium-high heat, cook until the steak is cooked through and the marinade has thickened to a sauce.
- Serve in Vietnamese-style tacos or lettuce wraps, or over rice or noodles. Top with cilantro. Enjoy.