Beer Cocktail Recipe: Beermosa
Brunch is a weekend treat, and the mimosa is its star. No matter where you find yourself eating at 11 a.m. on a Saturday, and no matter what's topping your plate--be it huevos rancheros, eggs benedict, french toast, or waffles--mimosas will be on the menu if not on your table. Beer, however, is another story. Until now.
Our beermosa recipe is pretty simple. One part OJ followed by two parts of a dry Belgian-style ale with a splash of bitters and a sprig of fresh herbs to finish, and you've conquered boozy brunch.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1.5 ounces orange juice
- 3 ounces dry Belgian-style ale (We recommend Bruxelles Blonde or Jalapeño Saison)
- 1 dash of bitters (Angostura, Peychaud's, or Orange)
- 1 sprig fresh herbs (mint or basil)
WHAT YOU DO
- Pour orange juice into a champagne flute. Then add beer. Note: Pouring beer over orange juice prevents foam and keeps the bubbles in your drink. Stir if necessary. Then add bitters.
- Place herbs in one palm and slap with the other hand to release aroma. Float herbs atop drink. Enjoy.