Recipe: Bourbon Dubbel Pecan Pie
We've never met a pie we didn't like. And this Bourbon Dubbel pecan pie did little to change our already awesomely high opinion of pies. If anything, it made us love pie even more.
With its oak-y vanilla flavor, our Bourbon Dubbel
is the perfect complement to this rich and delicious treat. The Spent Grain Pie Crust
adds a satisfying nutty crunch - compliments to the Spent Grain Chef
for the recipe. We also chose to use agave nectar over corn syrup because we find it a little lighter, a little healthier and just a touch more flavorful.
What You Need
- 1 Spent Grain Pie Crust
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Bourbon Dubbel (or commercial oak-aged beer)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups pecan halves
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Roll out pie crust and fit to pie pan, crimping edges.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in brown sugar and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in beer, salt and agave. In a separate bowl lightly beat eggs, then whisk in the butter, sugar and beer mixture.
- Place the pecans in the pie shell and pour the beer mixture evenly over them. Bake on the middle rack until filling is set, about 45 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy.